How do I change the size of a rectangle in SketchUp?
If you know the dimensions you want for the rectangle, click and release to set the first corner. Move the mouse to drag out the rectangle in the general direction you want it. Let go of the mouse and type the dimensions.
How do I resize a shape in SketchUp?
Here’s how the process works, using a cabinet as an example:
- With the Select tool ( ), select the geometry you want to scale. …
- Select the Scale tool ( ) or press the S key. …
- Click an edge or face grip (not a corner grip). …
- Move the cursor to scale the entity. …
- Click to set your selection’s new scale.
How do you scale a LayOut in SketchUp?
Creating a scaled drawing
- Select Window > Scaled Drawing.
- In the Scaled Drawing panel that appears, click Make Scaled Drawing.
- Choose a scale.
- (Optional) From the Length drop-down list, choose Decimal, Architectural, Engineering, or Fractional.
Which tool is used to draw a rectangle?
The Rectangle tool creates rectangles with square or rounded sides. The Oval tool creates circular shapes such as ovals and circles. These shapes can be comprised of Strokes, which are lines that surround and define the shape, Fills, which are a color or texture inside the shape, or both.
How do I reduce the size of a Sketchup file?
Delete Components to Reduce Sketchup File Size
- Default Tray > Components. If you go to the default tray on the righthand side of your screen, you will notice a “components” tab. …
- SAVE A COPY AS! Before continuing, make sure you save a copy of your original Sketchup file! …
- Window > Model Info > Statistics. …
- Purge Unused.
How do you scale things?
To scale an object to a smaller size, you simply divide each dimension by the required scale factor. For example, if you would like to apply a scale factor of 1:6 and the length of the item is 60 cm, you simply divide 60 / 6 = 10 cm to get the new dimension.
How do I resize a JPEG in Sketchup?
If you want to size it to a particular size for modelling, you can draw a line on the image of a known distance with the pencil and then use the tape measure to measure that line, after the second click on the tape measure enter the size with your keyboard and you will be prompted to see if you want to resize the model …
How do I change dimensions to MM in SketchUp?
Follow these steps:
- With your model open in SketchUp, select Window > Model Info.
- In the sidebar on the left, select Units. The Units panel appears.
- From the Format drop-down list, select your desired unit format: Architectural, Decimal, Engineering, or Fractional.
Where is the measurement box in SketchUp?
It is normally in the lower right corner of the screen. If it is not there, make sure you have SketchUp set to full screen. Go to View >Toolbars and uptick Measurements.
How do I change dimension units in SketchUp LayOut?
To change the document units, follow these steps:
- From the Format drop-down list, select Fractional or Decimal. …
- Select a unit of measurement, such as inches, feet, or meters, from the second Format drop-down list.
- From the Precision drop-down list, select how precise you want the units to be.
How do you scale a LayOut?
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
29 мар. 2020 г.
What is SketchUp LayOut?
LayOut is the tool for creating documentation from your SketchUp model. You start in SketchUp, draw your project and create scenes to show the different views. then you can send the file to LayOut, add dimensions, labels, other text, perhaps photos or whatever.
What is the scale of the drawing?
more … A drawing that shows a real object with accurate sizes reduced or enlarged by a certain amount (called the scale). The scale is shown as the length in the drawing, then a colon (“:”), then the matching length on the real thing.