Periodically, you need to purge unused components from your file. Doing so will reduce your file size and stop some of those SketchUp bug splats. To purge unused, go to the Window Tab > Model Info > Statistics > Purge Unused. While you’re there, you might as well click the Fix Problems button for good measure.
How do I delete part of a component in SketchUp?
- Right click on the component without opening it for editing. Choose Make Unique to break it’s relationship to the others.
- Draw a line across where you want to cut it and use Push/Pull to remove the waste side.
18 мар. 2020 г.
How do I make a SketchUp file less heavy?
Delete Components to Reduce Sketchup File Size
- Default Tray > Components. If you go to the default tray on the righthand side of your screen, you will notice a “components” tab. …
- SAVE A COPY AS! Before continuing, make sure you save a copy of your original Sketchup file! …
- Window > Model Info > Statistics. …
- Purge Unused.
How do I delete hidden objects in SketchUp?
Select all ( [Ctrl] + [A] ) next check ‘Hidden Geometry’ to turn on its visibliity. next use the window selection (left to right) to select all while holding down [SHIFT] to deselect what was previously selected but now to select all hidden geometry. hit [Del] to delete your selection, which is only all hidden geometry …
How do I Regen model in SketchUp?
To check and update model or image references in LayOut, follow these steps:
- Select File > Document Setup to open the Document Setup dialog box.
- Select References in the sidebar on the left. …
- Select the outdated reference (or references) and click the Update button.
How do you cut a component into half in SketchUp?
Set the camera to Parallel Projection and Top View. Open the component for editing. With right to left selections, select the left half of the component. Hit Delete.
What is purge in SketchUp?
Purge unused objects.
Periodically, you need to purge unused components from your file. Doing so will reduce your file size and stop some of those SketchUp bug splats. To purge unused, go to the Window Tab > Model Info > Statistics > Purge Unused.
How do I reduce the size of a Lumion file?
1.1: Hide surfaces that are unimportant in your 3D/CAD software before importing the model in Lumion. 1.2: Export the model via LiveSync rather than via . DAE format as it is faster and requires fewer resources. 1.3: Consider splitting up the model in several parts and import them as separate models in Lumion.
How do you send a SketchUp file?
How to Share Your SketchUp Model
- Navigate around (using Orbit, Zoom, and Pan) until you like the view of your model that you see in your modeling window.
- Choose File→Export→2D Graphic.
- In the Export dialog box that opens, choose JPEG from the Export Type drop-down list.
- Pick a location on your computer and give your exported image a name.
What is hidden geometry in SketchUp?
In SketchUp, any geometry that’s hidden is still there. You just can’t see or select it. To see the hidden geometry or objects but keep them hidden, choose View > Hidden Geometry or View > Hidden Objects. All hidden entities appear in a ghosted pattern (as shown in the figure), allowing you to select them.
How do I delete layers in SketchUp?
If you ever need to delete a layer, select the layer in the Layers panel and click the Delete Selected Layer icon (the minus sign).
Why is my SketchUp model so slow?
Checking your computer
Your computer’s RAM, processor speed, and graphics card all affect SketchUp’s performance. If SketchUp is noticeably sluggish, make sure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum requirements for your version of SketchUp. … Also, keep your computer updated with the latest version of SketchUp.
Why is SketchUp LayOut so slow?
When LayOut is experiencing freezing or lagging, you can increase the program’s performance by changing your rendering settings. You’ll want to set the rendering settings to Raster while editing the file, and once edited you can switch back to Vector or Hybrid for any exporting or printing purposes you might have.