How do you freeze a layer in viewports except one?
…”a way to freeze a layer in all viewports except the current one,…”
Here’s what works for me:
- Place your cursor through the Viewport where you want the layer to remain visible.
- Enter the LAYER command.
- Right-click on the layer you want frozen in the other Viewports, and select “VP Freeze in all Viewports”
10 янв. 2010 г.
How do I hide an object in a viewport in AutoCAD?
Hiding Items in a Paper Space Viewport
- Do one of the following: Click the Hide All but Selected Objects in Viewport icon . At the command line, type HIDESELECTEDINVP and then press Enter.
- In the model, select the items you wish hide.
- Right click or press Enter.
23 сент. 2020 г.
What is freeze layer AutoCAD?
You can freeze layers to speed up zoom, pan, and many other operations; improve object selection performance; and reduce regeneration time for complex drawings. … Freeze the layers you want to be invisible for long periods. When you thaw a frozen layer, AutoCAD regenerates and displays the objects on that layer.
How do I manage viewports in AutoCAD?
- Click View tab Viewports panel New.
- In the Viewports dialog box, New Viewports tab, under Standard Viewports, select Single.
- Click to specify one corner of the new layout viewport.
- Click to specify the opposite corner. A new layout viewport object is available and displays a default view.
What is VP freeze?
VP Freeze allows you to freeze a layer in a specific viewport. That layer will act as if it is frozen but only in that specific viewport. This allows you to show that layer in one viewport but not in others. NEW VP Freeze will automatically freeze that layer when a new viewport is created.
How do you unfreeze a layer in AutoCAD?
Freeze or Thaw Layers
- Click Home tab Layers panel Layer Properties. Find.
- Select the layers you want to freeze or thaw.
- Click the icon in the Freeze column to set the status of the selected layers. = frozen. = thawed.
29 мар. 2020 г.
How do I turn off layers in viewport?
- Go to desired layout tab.
- Click inside of Viewport.
- Type LAYER to get into Layer Manager.
- Select desired Layer and turn off VP Freeze.
How do I hide the layout in AutoCAD?
- At the bottom of the application window, right-click (the Model Space icon).
- Click Display Layout and Model Tabs. To hide the tabs again, right-click a tab and click Hide Layout And Model Tabs.
13 нояб. 2015 г.
How do I hide specific layers when plotting in AutoCAD?
Hide or show layers in an AutoCAD drawing
- Right-click the CAD drawing, point to CAD Drawing Object, and then click Properties.
- Click the Layer tab.
- Select the layer, and click the Visible field.
What is the difference between a frozen layer and a locked layer?
Locking is what seen elsewhere as “grayed”, you can see objects but can’t select or edit them. Invisible is invisible BUT selectable (!?) and kept in Memory. Freezing makes Objects invisible, unselectable AND thrown out of Memory.
What is the difference between freeze and lock in AutoCAD?
You can freeze layers in all viewports, in the current layout viewport, or in new layout viewports as they are created. Locks and unlocks the layers. You cannot edit objects on a locked layer.
What happens when a layer is turned off?
Turning off the layer of a selected object makes that object invisible. This command is useful if you need an unobstructed view when working in a drawing or if you don’t want to plot details such as reference lines.
What is the purpose of viewports in AutoCAD?
Viewports allow you to create different views of the objects in your model space and display them on the printed page from different angles and at different scales.
How do you activate a viewport in AutoCAD?
To select a viewport that is completely contained within another viewport in a layout, double-click within the larger viewport to activate it, then use CTRL+R to switch activated viewports until the desired viewport is selected. The viewports will shift according to the order in which the viewports were created.
How do I change the scale of a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Modify the Scale of a Layout Viewport
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
12 авг. 2020 г.