Are you using the “trim” command; it allows using a block as a trimming/cutting object. Yes, or you put a wipeout inside your block, which overlap the lines. Or you can use the “_extrim” command, if you have installed the Express Tools.
How do you hide part of a block in AutoCAD?
In the Edit Block Definition dialog box, select the block you want to modify and click Edit Block. On the Block Editor visor, click the Visibility Mode. Find The blocks with visibility assigned to them would hide and unhide with the change in state of the Visibility Mode toggle button.
How do I get rid of overlapping lines in AutoCAD?
Solution: Select objects in a drawing (use CTRL-A to select everything) and then type OVERKILL on the command line. Click OK on the Delete Duplicate Objects dialog window, adjusting settings as desired (the default options are usually sufficient). Overkill deletes information that is overlaying other items.
How do I turn off lines in AutoCAD?
On the command line in AutoCAD, type LINESMOOTHING and set it to Off or 0 (zero). Notes: Smooth Line Display can also be turned off in the Graphics Performance window (use the GRAPHICSCONFIG command).
How do I create a hidden line in AutoCAD 2019?
- Open the tool palette that you want to use, and select a hidden line projection tool. …
- In a 3D view select one or more objects that you want to use to create your hidden line projection, and press Enter.
- Specify an insertion point in your current drawing for the 2D hidden line projection.
30 апр. 2018 г.
When to draw isolate or hide?
To hide objects
- Select the objects in the drawing that you want to hide.
- Right-click, and click Isolate Objects Hide Selected Objects. Alternatively, you can click on the right side of the drawing window status bar, then click Hide Objects, and select the objects you want to hide.
2 янв. 2018 г.
Can you clip a block in AutoCAD?
You can trim objects inside block only by editing it in Block Editor or by editing it “In-place”. But keep in mind that all block instances in the current drawing will be changed. Alternatively you have to EXPLODE the block.
How do you select overlapping lines in AutoCAD?
Selection cycling allows you to select objects that are overlapping by pressing Shift + Spacebar. You can control whether a blue cursor icon displays to indicate overlapping objects and you can configure the display settings of the Selection list box.
How do you show overlapping lines in AutoCAD?
You can choose between overlapping objects by pressing Shift+Space or by using the Selection dialog box. Object overlap display is turned on. Object overlap display is turned off (default).
What is overkill in AutoCAD?
Removes duplicate or overlapping lines, arcs, and polylines. Also, combines those that are partially overlapping or contiguous. Find. The following changes are made to geometric objects in the drawing area or the block editor: Duplicate copies of objects are deleted.
How do you smooth lines in AutoCAD?
- Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Smooth .
- Select the feature line(s) to smooth or straighten.
- Do one of the following: Press Enter to smooth the lines. Enter Straighten to straighten lines that were previously smoothed.
How do I hide viewport lines?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
31 янв. 2014 г.
How are hidden lines drawn?
If an edge or surface is blocked from view by another feature, it is drawn using a hidden line. Figures 4-11 and 4-12 show objects that require hidden lines in their orthographic views. … The hidden portion of the line is drawn using a hidden-line pattern, and the visible portion of the line is drawn using a solid line.
How do I hide the layout in AutoCAD?
- At the bottom of the application window, right-click (the Model Space icon).
- Click Display Layout and Model Tabs. To hide the tabs again, right-click a tab and click Hide Layout And Model Tabs.
13 нояб. 2015 г.